Tuesday, November 17, 2009

our cave

I have been teasing Dom that we need to decorate our cave. since we sleep there every night, we need to decorate it to make it feel “oh so homey!” –make sure you say that with special inflection in your voice, because I sure did! Of course, he just laughed at me. I seem to get that reaction out of him a lot. I seem to be spending a lot of time there, resting. I have been fatigued a lot. feverish. I don’t know what is going on. Dominick has been quite concerned. I don’t think he knows what is going on either. Something is definitely wrong. I do know he is putting his foot down about how much time I spend working, or even on the computer. He is making me rest more. I think we are going to be pushing our trip to Ireland forward. I don’t know how soon, or any of the details, but I do know he is thinking about it. He and dad have been tucked away talking. I seem to be too tired to join in too much. of course, I also have been wandering a lot. no need to go into my wanderings though. they are mostly just walks in the forest. When we move, I will miss our forest here…but I look forward to seeing the woods of Ireland. the green here is beautiful, but I can’t wait to see the greens of Ireland. I have been wanting this trip for so long. But, you know what? I have digressed, I wanted to talk about our cave. So, back to the initial topic. see? I can’t even stay on topic anymore. If I remember right, I drifted last time too. So, our cage…oops. I mean cave. cave. not cage. cave. we sleep below the ground most of the time. that part of the legends are true. we don’t have to, but it does help up, tremendously, both for rejuvenation, and for safety. the walls have some natural shelves and also have some beautiful—though small—crystal formations. I used to come hunting crystals here when I was a child. they are not anything valuable. just enough to make the occasional sparkle now and then. the ground is nice and dark, though also pretty rocky. that took some getting used to. I have been teasing Dom that he needs to find us some caves like those described in those Carpathian novels..oh I can’t remember who they are by, but those caves would be something to see. I also have been teasing him that he needs to make me a proper bedroom in our cave. of course he says that would defeat the purpose of hiding beneath the surface for if someone comes by. I told him he is a kill-joy on the romantic mood. Of course, then he points out I have a perfectly good bedroom for that in the house…but I, of course, countered that with who wants to be romantic with my dad in the house! He saw my point in that, but did he want to do anything about it? ohhhh noooo. men.

~Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Missy, and her mate, Dominick, are characters out a book series starting with Into the Forest (coming July 2010 from Mundania Press) and the sequel, Underhill (work-in-progress) written by Cherry Dumas (www.enchantmentofthemind.com , www.cherrydumas@blogspot.com , www.twitter.com/cherrydumas , www.facebook.com/cherry.dumas